Scanning or Importing Documents Your first steps to get started.
There are various ways of importing or adding documents to your InstaPDF account. Below we have listed the most important ways, depending on your platform of choice.
Scanning Documents on iPhone & iPad
- Download the app from the App Store here instapdf.com/appstore
- Sign in using your credentials or create a new InstaPDF account.
- The Scanner tab opens the camera viewfinder.
- Optionally, choose a filter by tapping below the capture button. Toggle Autocrop (automatic paper detection, perspective correction and capture) by tapping .
Visit Autocrop Deep-dive for more information.
- If you have Autocrop enabled, a yellow progress bar will indicate the confidence of the detected paper. Once sufficient confidence is achieved, the scan will automatically be made.
You can capture a scan any time by pressing the capture button manually.
- Give the document a title or assign it a folder. Optionally, visit our Staying Organised article.
- Tap Upload to add the scan to your account.
Importing Documents on iPhone & iPad
- Open a .pdf file on your device, for example an email attachment, a document in your iCloud Drive or in another app.
- Tap to open the Share Sheet.
- Select InstaPDF from the app list and the importing process will start.
Optionally, if you cannot locate InstaPDF, scroll to the far right and tap More..., then tap on Edit in the top right corner. You'll be able to rearrange InstaPDF to the top.
Importing Documents on macOS
Two options exist for uploading .pdf files with InstaPDF for Mac.
- Download the InstaPDF for Mac at instapdf.com/mac
- Drag & Drop the document into InstaPDF's icon on the dock or main application window. The upload process will begin immediately.
- Click on in the toolbar. A file browser will appear. Select a file, click Open and the upload process will start.
Importing Documents with Cloud App on Windows & Linux
- Visit instapdf.com/cloud/ and Sign In, if required.
- Click Upload Documents, the first option on the navigation bar in the top right hand side.
- Drag & Drop documents onto the panel or click to open a file browser.
- Do not close the window while the upload is in progress.